Laser Skin Services
Laser Skin Services
Over time, most people develop some sort of skin condition associated with aging, excessive sun exposure and varied lifestyle choices. These skin concerns may include age spots, freckles, redness, rosacea, acne and more — all natural outcomes that many people seek to reverse.
Fortunately, our physician-led team here at Affirm by Wilson Healthcare can help patients achieve and restore younger, fresher looking skin with the following treatment.
IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light — a gentle, noninvasive treatment that rejuvenates the skin via infrared light. The treatment is designed to address pigmentation abnormalities in the skin while stimulating collagen production. The light travels into the skin, essentially causing the skin to slowly shed any targeted sun-damaged skin cells. IPL also addresses broken capillaries and blood vessels, acne scarring, and more!
At Affirm by Wilson Healthcare, our IPL treatment is used to gently and safely heat deeper layers of the skin to create stronger collagen structures that allow the skin to rebuild, look younger and more refreshed while reversing signs of aging!
Treatments Target Skin Imperfections Such As:
What to Expect
Before the procedure, don’t:
- Tan in the sun, in a tanning bed, or with tanning creams for 4 weeks before you go
- Wax, or get a chemical peel or collagen shots for 2 weeks before
- Wear perfume, makeup, deodorant, or any skin irritants
- Take aspirin or another drug that can make you bleed more
- Take any medication that will make you sun-sensitive; for example, the antibiotic doxycycline.
Once you’re there, a technician or Dr. Wilson will rub gel on your clean skin. You’ll wear dark glasses to protect your eyes. The handheld IPL device will go right on your body. The session will probably last 20 or 30 minutes. Large areas could take an hour or more.
While most people are fine with the light pulses, the treatment could sting a little. It might feel like someone is snapping a rubber band on you. Your technician can give you numbing cream to put on 30-60 minutes before treatment starts.
What Recovery Looks Like
It may feel like you have a sunburn for 4-6 hours after you’re finished. Ice packs or a cool washcloth can help you feel better.
Your skin may be red or bruised for a day or two. Some of your brown spots may get darker, but they should peel off within a few weeks.
While you heal:
- Don’t put on makeup if your skin hurts.
- Use moisturizing lotion.
- Protect yourself with sunscreen. Make sure it has an SPF of at least 30 and a physical blocker like zinc. Reapply it every 2 hours, even if it’s not sunny outside.
- Wash your face with cleanser for sensitive skin.
Your dermatologist can tell you when it’s safe to return to your normal skin care routine. It might take a week.
Most people get between three and seven sessions. It depends on the condition you’re treating. You’ll wait 2-4 weeks between each visit. It may take several weeks for you to notice any changes in your skin.
Book Your Consultation Today
Frequently Asked Questions
- The actual treatment takes 15 to 30 minutes and are spaced every 3 to 4 weeks. They are performed a series of treatments, usually 5 to 8, to get the best results.
- Side effects are temporary redness and swelling. Rarely temporary blistering and bruising can occur.
- They are usually long-lasting. Sometimes they need to be repeated every 6 months to 1 year for maintenance depending on UV exposure after the treatment.
- None. The redness which can occur after the initial treatment can be easily covered.
Cutera Vein Treatments
- Cutera combines the ideal laser wavelength with the most flexible parameters to deliver a superior vascular laser system. It treats a broad range of vessels from tiny spider veins to deep blue reticular veins quickly, safely, and effectively. Patients with dark, light or tanned skin can experience outstanding results with minimal bruising or blistering.
- The Cutera systems deliver pulses of light energy which cause the blood within the vein to coagulate, eventually destroying the vessel which is later reabsorbed by your body. Blood flow will then be redirected to veins deeper below your skin’s surface, where it should be.
- Often, patients find that one or two treatments are sufficient. However, the number of treatments necessary depends on the number, color, and size of the vessels being treated. Since individual results vary, ask your medical professional about your specific condition.
- Most patients experience a stinging sensation as the pulses of energy are delivered through the handpiece. Although no local anesthesia or pain medication is typically required, many patients opt to use a topical anesthetic prior to treatment. Following the treatment, the pain is minimal to nonexistent.
- Although many patients report few if any side effects, those most commonly noticed are slight reddening and local swelling of the skin. These effects typically last for less than 24 hours. Some patients may experience bruising and, in rare instances, blistering may occur. Consult with your medical professional for complete information on the benefits and risks of treatment.
- Most patients find that the majority of the treated veins have shown significant improvement within two to six weeks of treatment. However, your final results may not be apparent for several months. Over time, it is possible for new veins to appear, but these too can be removed with Cutera.